Memphis’s 3rd birthday is coming up on April the 4th, so we wanted to make sure to make her a special birthday treat! Birthday Pupcakes is what we are making!
MORE Treat videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL400F1C1759E6AF49 .
– 1/2 Cup Mashed Sweet Potato
– 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
– 1/4 cup (heaping) Coconut flakes
– 1 Tablespoon Honey
– 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
– 1 Large Egg
– 3/4 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
– 2 Tablespoons Oats
– 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
– 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce.
Preheat your oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit. In a large bowl, combine the sweet potato, applesauce, coconut flakes, honey, and coconut oil. Stir that all together until everything is mixed well, then add your egg, whole wheat flour, and your oats. Continue mixing until you have a thick cake like batter. I used mini muffins for this recipe, but you can make regular sized ones as well. Spray your tins with a nonstick spray, and then spoon the batter into the cups. Fill about 3/4 of the way full. These cupcakes don’t rise very much. Bake for 14 – 18 minutes. Use the toothpick trick to make sure they are done. The toothpick will come out clean when they are done. Let them cool, and then frost them! You can keep them in the fridge for up to 3 weeks! Enjoy!
* Please note that I’m neither a vet nor an animal nutritionist, so it’s advisable to consult with your own authority when trying new foods, and also to ensure that your dog’s home cooked diet is balanced & includes all of the nutrients that are necessary for your dog’s health.