4th of July Gummy Dog Treats
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 6 packets unflavored gelatin
First we are going to make fruit juice. Place strawberries and 1/2 cup of unsweetened coconut milk in a blender and puree. Repeat with the blueberries and coconut flakes. Now you should have your 3 juice mixtures.
In a small saucepan, place 1/3 cup cold water, and add 2 gelatin packs and whisk until dissolved. Slowly bring to a warm temperature on the stove top, then add 1 of the fruit mixtures. Stir together and pour into your molds. Repeat for each juice. See video above for instructions.
Taste test time
Now it’s time for the dogs to taste and enjoy these DIY Gummy Stars! We hope they like them as much as ours did!
Don’t forget to share this with your friends so they can make it with their dogs! Let us know in the comments what type of treat you want us to try making next time!
Here are the affiliate links to some of the things we used in the video.
Star Tray: https://amzn.to/2tBumyz
Stars Tray: https://amzn.to/2tHy7Cx
Patriotic Collars: https://amzn.to/2tM8Ya3
MORE Treat videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL400F1C1759E6AF49
* Please note that I’m neither a vet nor an animal nutritionist, so it’s advisable to consult with your own authority when trying new foods, and also to ensure that your dog’s home cooked diet is balanced & includes all of the nutrients that are necessary for your dog’s health. As with ALL treats, feed in moderation, and don’t feed anything to your dogs that you don’t feel comfortable feeding them. These are treats, not meal replacements.