Are you looking for the perfect treat to give you dog on Thanksgiving? Well look no further! This recipe is for Pumpkin Pie for your dog, including “whip cream” on top!
Pumpkin pie for dogs
- 16 oz. can of pumpkin (plain)
- 8 oz. plain low-fat yogurt
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour, or a mixture of all-purpose and whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/4 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 3 – 4 Tbsp. water
- Preheat oven to 375
- Mix oatmeal and flour together in a food processor.
- Add applesauce slowly, continuing to run the processor.
- Add water slowly, using only enough to make a ball (too much will make the dough sticky).
- Spray wax paper and muffin tin with olive or vegetable oil cooking spray.
- Roll out dough onto wax paper and cut out 8 circles, about 4″ across (or divide dough into 8 small balls before rolling out).
- Press individual circles into bottom and sides of muffin tin.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Let crusts cool, then remove from the muffin tin.
- Fill each crust with about 1/4 cup (2 ounces) of canned pumpkin.
- Top with a dollop of yogurt. (optional)
Thank you to Adara for emailing us this amazing recipe!