Not only is Easter coming, but two dogs have had a birthday, and we need to make a birthday cake. So today we are making carrot cake for dogs.
Don’t forget to share this with your friends so they can make it with their dogs! Let us know in the comments what type of treat you want us to try making next time!
Here is an affiliate link to some of the products we used in this video:
* Please note that I’m neither a vet nor an animal nutritionist, so it’s advisable to consult with your own authority when trying new foods, and also to ensure that your dog’s home-cooked diet is balanced & includes all of the nutrients that are necessary for your dog’s health. As with ALL treats, feed in moderation, and don’t feed anything to your dogs that you don’t feel comfortable feeding them. These are treats, not meal replacements.
Homemade Carrot Cake For Dogs
- 1/4 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Shredded Carrots (fine-noodle-like)
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp Baking Soda
- Whip Cream (for frosting)
- Without further ado, we will jump right on into this. We're going to Preheat our oven to 350. I made sure to have all of our ingredients pre-measured out, and we are going to start with the wet ingredients.
- Let's start with the favorite ingredient. You are going to need one-quarter of a cup of peanut butter.Memphis is like, "Hello, guys. Can I have some?"1/4 cup Peanut Butter
- All right, next ingredient. Next, we will be adding a quarter of a cup of honey. You guys, this is going to be a sticky situation. We're going to add that right to this bowl.1/4 cup Honey
- If you're not already following us over at Snowdog's Vlogs, you should be because this next ingredient was created by Mr. Snowdog Daddy over there.The Maple kind? Yeah, the Maple kind.We will put a quarter of a cup of this into our carrot cake. If you don't have Maple syrup, you can use honey instead. If you prefer, you can substitute honey or applesauce.1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- All right, now we will be adding a quarter of a cup of coconut oil. You do not want to try this. You could use vegetable oil if you do not have coconut oil, but I am using unsweetened, unflavored coconut oil.1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- We'll be adding one farm-fresh egg from our good friend Greg, one of the dog's favorite people on the planet.1 egg
- Optional: 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. You don't have to add it, but it makes it smell nice.1 tbsp Vanilla
- That concludes the wet ingredients. Once everything is in the bowl, begin mixing. Without carrots, this would not be a carrot cake.
- So I made fine carrots because I didn't want them to be too chunky on the cake. So, first, add your carrots to the mix.1 cup Shredded Carrots (fine-noodle-like)
- We'll be using one cup of all-purpose flour today. You could also use whole wheat flour or gluten-free flour instead. I just went with all-purpose flour today.1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- We'll start with the flour, followed by a teaspoon of baking soda. The cake will rise slightly as a result of this. We're going to mix it now. So you want to combine this until it has the consistency of cake batter, which I think ours is about right.1 cup All-Purpose Flour, 1 tbsp Baking Soda
- I'll be using two four-inch spring foam pans now. You can use almost any pan you want. However, we will spray these pans because I want to make a double Decker cake. After all, those are always so adorable. A bone shape pan can be used. You are free to use whatever you want. We'll spray it with our magical baking spray and place it there. We were given the task of filling the pans. We'll spray our pans and fill them about halfway. So, if you're using four-inch round pans, fill them halfway.
- We will bake this in the oven for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- We're going to cut the top of this anyway. Now we're going to let it cool so that we can frost it. Because it's carrot cake, I will keep it simple and use some whipped cream cheese. This turned out well.Whip Cream (for frosting)
- We'll ask the dogs. Time for a taste test. Happy birthday!
- "Yummy!! Can I get seconds?"
Stay Positive, dream big, and we’ll see you soon.